Yesterday I went with Malcolm and a dozen other Boy Scouts on a 27-mile bike ride along the Mohawk River. Our route went from the church south to the Mohawk River, then east along the Mohawk-Hudson Bikeway to the I-87 Twin Bridges, and then back home. The first 1.5 miles from the church to the river basin is downhill all the way, and that's a big confidence boost if you don't think you're ready for that long a ride. The problem is you have to get back up that same hill at the end.
Luckily on the uphill side of the steepest stretch there's a Stewart's shop, and we gave the boys $3 each to get any treat they wanted. Half of them realized they could afford an entire pint of ice cream, which they quaffed before riding the final mile.
I'm feeling surprisingly good, not all that sore today. It was a fantastic day and I was really proud of the boys, they all made it. I'm ready to go again!
2 comments:
That looks like fun! Did you here that Jeff had to go to instacare because of his fall! He couldn't move his arm and it was all swollen, eek!
Samuel loved the bike hike, thanks to you and all the leaders who made it happen. Did Jeff Y. end up breaking his arm? How is he?
I always check your newest photos and they are all amazing but blue leaves is pretty cool. It almost makes me want to go to the airport just to see it.
Post a Comment