
When I moved to my new apartment I started reading the Book of Mormon with my little kids from the beginning, at night before bed. We have been very regular readers, 3 nights every other week when they are here. Carter got bored reading slowly with me and Claire, so while we read out loud he would read ahead silently on his own. Even after Claire and I would finish after a few verses and stop, he would keep going, cranking out a couple chapters or more each night.
Sixteen months later, Carter has read the entire Book of Mormon, at age 8. I can quiz him on stories from the book, and he knows the answers. I'm so impressed by him — I was 19 when I finally read it the whole way through.
Carter's favorite word in the Book of Mormon: blood. As in chopping off arms blood.
No comments:
Post a Comment