Friday, May 23, 2014

Niagara Falls


Back in March I had a couple days of meetings in Buffalo. Niagara Falls is really close, so before meeting up with work people for dinner I ran over for some pictures at sunset.


I was wondering why all the souvenir shops were closed? March is definitely the off-season at Niagara Falls. As you approach the falls the breeze and the damp makes it feel 10° colder — the floating mist would freeze just as soon as it hit you. My camera was coated with a thin crust of ice, and the sidewalks were like a skating rink.



Niagara Falls gives me the willies each time, because of the sheer power plowing past you just a few feet away. I've been a homeowner with roof leaks — I understand how water plus gravity is one of the most destructive forces on earth. Standing at the edge of Niagara Falls I can't help but wonder how the ground I'm standing on isn't washed away with all that rumbling just past the safety gate.


No comments: