Monday, July 07, 2014

Location, Location, Location


My office at VA headquarters in Washington is a block north of the White House. This is just how close we are across Lafayette Park.

As you can imagine, the most desirable real estate in our building is a window office with this view on the upper floors. These offices go to the most important dignitaries, usually those approved by Congress.

Above is a 5-frame panorama from one of these VIP offices. Last month we put on a live webcast and wanted a live shot of the Washington Monument over the shoulder of one of our speakers, and we got to use an office in-between owners on the 9th floor.

When the video crew was packing up afterwards I sat cross-legged in the window ledge, suitcoat over my head with my camera underneath trying to prevent window glare. (I was also watching out for snipers on the White House roof, watching me through their scopes wondering what I was up to.)

How many monuments can you spot above? (View large)
  • Washington Monument
  • Jefferson Memorial
  • White House
  • Eisenhower Office Building
  • Treasury Building

No comments: