Thursday, August 27, 2009

Los Olivos

I had the best enchiladas of my life at Los Olivos in Scottsdale. It was a dish called Mexican Flag, named after the different color salsas on top. The plate must be 500° when it comes out. Our waitress was a lively woman who had worked there for something like 38 years. She told us there used to be an olive orchard on the site of the restaurant, which gave it its name.

Throughout dinner mariachis played, making the meal even more enjoyable. All around this older part of Scottsdale are little shops full of Southwestern art, jewelery, pottery, paintings, but we got there too late to look around. Or, I'll say, we got there just in time for a shopkeeper to orient us to this restaurant as she closed up. I can't wait to go back and get the same dish.

No comments: