Thursday, August 20, 2009

Window Seat

Got a great candid of a freckly boy in front of me in the plane on the way to Phoenix last week. I saw the picture about to happen, grabbed the camera, zoomed in, pre-focused, and totally lucked out.

You don't have to have a clear view to get a great picture. Like the shot below of Obama where you can see only part of his face through all the arms and camera phones. I like that one so much better than the unobstructed picture (photos 3 & 4). I wimped out — I should have only included the partial view version. Which do you like better?

These are the things I stress over when I edit down my photos for posting. Because I care about both of you, my dear readers.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I also prefer the partial-view photo. You get a sense of Obamamania with all the extended arms.

museumeg said...

I'm glad you posted all of them. I think they show a great contrast between when the President is guarded and careful and when he's just having fun!

The Andrew Family said...

I had to comment just to prove there are more than two reading your blog! Great shot of the kid. The Obama shots have different purposes. Depending on what your objective was, it's fun to have all of them!