Thursday, February 18, 2010

No Tine Like The Present

I saw a gorgeous photo like this on Flickr and dropped everything I was doing at the moment to spend a few minutes seeing if I could do something like that.

You know what it is, right?

3 comments:

museumeg said...

A fork?

April said...

So cool! May I ask what lens you used? I love how it looks like it is whisping(apparently this is my new made word) away to the right!

Jeff Grandon said...

It is a fork, I guess I wasn't sneaky enough. The lens is a 50mm f/1.8 but with a hollow extension tube added between the body and lens to allow closer focusing. You end up focusing by moving the camera in and out because the focus zone is only a couple millimeters deep. The yellow shadow comes from overhead tungsten light; the blue shadow (whisping) is from daylight coming in the window.