Earlier this week I glanced at a headline in the paper about the National Christmas Tree. I figured I'd go see it, as it's a few blocks away from my office. Unfortunately I didn't actually read the article, or else I would have learned the lighting was Thursday, rather than Wednesday as I walked through 30° F cold to see a dark tree. Tonight was the actual lighting, so I gave it another try. Unfortunately you needed a ticket to get in; the entire park where the tree stands was blocked off by armed guards because the President was there.
So I watched the lighting from the road, listened to a couple songs, then went off to get some dinner and let the program end and the crowd dissipate.
Later I walked back the third time and finally I got to see the tree up close — it's beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment