Every time I'm on my way out of a plane I get a glimpse the cockpit, and always want to see more of what's going on in there. I figured it was some kind of security breach to look inside ... but then they leave the door hanging open before and after your flight, so why not ask? So this time I got my fisheye lens ready, and as I was exiting I asked the flight attendant if I could take a picture. She went up to the bridge with my request, and I was astounded when I got a yes! I had a nice conversation with the co-pilot, who turned out to be a Canon shooter and has a collection of expensive lenses that puts mine to shame.
I did some looking around online and found lots of 737 cockpit photos published, so I'm not releasing any secrets here TSA will cart me away for.
I can't even guess how many movies and TV shows I've seen where an airplane pilot is incapacitated and some random passenger off the street (maybe even Balki has done it?) has to take over and land the thing. After looking at the mass of switches and control panels going on, I'm not sure if this is reasonable.
No comments:
Post a Comment