Monday, May 17, 2010

I've Been Everywhere, Man, I've Been Everywhere

I went to my sister's wedding this weekend in Dallas. So why is there a picture of me standing under the Gateway Arch in rainy St. Louis last night?

My Midwest tour really did take me everywhere — I slept in a different state every night. About 2,100 air miles and 1,500 road miles later, my itinerary from Albany went like this:
  1. St. Louis — fly to a major airport and rent a car
  2. Springfield, Mo. — visit my family and eat local specialty of cashew chicken (see NY Times article on the Springfield cashew chicken phenomenon)
  3. Oklahoma City — visit Joanie's sister and bump into my in-laws during their OK visit
  4. Dallas — pick up my Utah brother, attend my sister's wedding, plus a big dinner with both families the night before
  5. Springfield — transport my Missouri brother home over seven hours of 80s music, then go to church in the morning with Mom and catch up with many of old friends
  6. St. Louis — visit the Arch and fly back home
Some of the fun details from my trip, plus some wedding pictures, will be coming in the next few days.

No comments: