



After sitting vacant for a few years, the old K-mart in Glenville has been torn down to make way for a new Target. For a long time we've been hearing rumors about Target coming to town, and now everyone's excited about the new store opening at the end of 2012.
The rubble pile is impressive, this digger on the right was scooping up larger chunks into the air and dropping them on the pavement to crack them up. Then he'd feed the smaller pieces to the bucket on the left who was dropping them into a crushing machine.
The two drivers were working really well in tandem doing bucket brigade with the building chunks — their buckets were lined up so closely they could have swung and smashed into each other several times. I've not seen choreography quite like this before. We live a mile away and I can hear the crunching from my front yard.
There's a tall fence around the construction area to keep onlookers out. So I hoisted my camera 10 feet in the air on my extended tripod and used a wireless remote to trip the camera, shooting blind with a wide-angle lens. As I tested the rig near my car before locking up I learned my car remote lock uses the same radio frequency to trip the camera. Another reason to buy Honda — your car remote doubles as a Nikon shutter release!
Extra credit: anybody know the source of the title for today's post?
2 comments:
Is that title a reference to the Harry Connick, Jr. album from 1991?
Five points to Gryffindor!
Post a Comment