

I promise this is my last day of Temple Square photos. I've been there before, but I was just so impressed with how beautiful it was this time. I hauled my big tripod from New York and my brother Matt and I worked on his night shooting and ambient/flash balancing technique.
Of course, the centerpiece is the gorgeous Salt Lake Temple itself, which took 40 years for the pioneers to build. There's also the Conference Center, the enlarged gardens across Main Street, the Joseph Smith Building, and the outstanding new Joseph Smith film playing in its Imax-scale theater.
Here's some excellent news about these top-notch films — they're normally only shown in the visitors centers, but Joseph Smith - Prophet of the Restoration is available for free download all the way up to 1080p. I can't believe the sets and costumes on this film, they spared no expense. It truly gives you a sense of what it was like to live in Joseph's shoes — he led an incredibly difficult life. Note: there are some intense scenes and I wouldn't recommend this for small children.

Almost forgot another highlight — I got to sit in on Thursday night practice with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with their orchestra. I've never heard them live like this ... they sound amazing in person, even at practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment