Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Claire Turned 4 Today!

I was heading to work this morning when Claire emerged from her bedroom and I was the first to tell her, "Happy birthday!" She thought about it for a moment and said, "Am I four now?" We've been counting down the days until her birthday, and it sounds like she asked a few more times throughout the day: "I'm still four, right?" It must feel a lot like three.

Claire got two parties today — with her friends after lunch, and one with family after dinner. And each party had its own distinctive cake, baked and decorated by Mom.

When I came home from work she was passed out on the floor asleep ... it's been a wild day. But it was her day.

If Claire is four, then it's been four years since I started this blog! Happy anniversary to all three of you, my faithful readers.

4 comments:

April said...

Happy Birthday to Claire!!!

Shauna said...

Happy 4th, Claire! And happy blogiversary! Tell Joanie really cool cakes.

The Andrew Family said...

Ooooo, I must be reader #3! So this is all of us wishing you a happy blogiversary, as Shauna said. Just kidding, I'm sure there's a fourth surprise reader out there!

Denise said...

Surprise!